Tuesday, June 5, 2012
First Blog!!
Well, I've decided to try to enter the world of blogging once again. I used to be a somewhat avid blogger back in my college/early young adult days but fell off the bandwagon over time. Lately I've had thoughts swirling around in my head and facebook seemed like an inappropriate place to clog people's newsfeeds with the random synapse firings of my brain...when those firings threaten to produce a long and drawn out session of pondering life that is. So I guess my goal in this blog is just that - to not be newsy or diary-ish or overly witty about my life (that's what facebook is for, right?), but to write about deeper things that cross my mind which will most likely be philosophical or religious in nature because that's where my mind tends to go. I'll warn you that I'm not sure how often I'll update or if I'll eventually fall off the bandwagon once again. It's hard to tell, especially because one's muse can be a fickle friend indeed. Plus, I've noticed that I tend to get overly pensive and have deeper thoughts when I'm feeling existential (or, if we're being honest, maybe a tad bit emo) about life when things aren't going my way/questions about the future are looming/I'm questioning myself and my choices/etc. So if I suddenly become overwhelmingly overjoyed or ecstatic with the world and my place in it, my mind might decide to stop producing blog worthy thoughts. ...Or maybe I'll just have to change the goal of the blog then. With all of that said, welcome to the mind of Sarah! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am the first to comment on your blog! I'm so cool!
ReplyDelete